Saturday 4 September 2010

Jiufen


Our trip to Jiufen was great. We started off by taking a thirty minute bus ride up some mountains. I originally thought we were going to hike up the side of a mountain. I didn't know there would be a road.


The shops in Jiufen were all very unique. Some shops carried products that had a lot of history. For example: we visited a store that carried items from 1950's Taiwan.



We also saw a store that sold hand made masks made from mud.


I was excited to see a store that carried strawhats. I bought one for NT100. It was more expensive than I thought it would be, but I'm happy.


Vanessa and Celina were good tour guides.



They introduced me to a lot of the local foods. I didn't eat much of it, but I still saw how it was made.





My favorite store was the store with the masks made from mud. The guy has been making the masks for thirty one years and is very good at what he does.

1 comment: