Thursday 2 September 2010

Taipei Zoo



The Taipei zoo was bigger than I expected. The entrance fee of $30.00 was very low considering the size of the zoo. There weren't too many photo opportunities because the use of flash on the camera was prohibited and some of the animals housed outside were not in their cages. Out of all the animals we saw my favorite was the panda bears. The thing I like about pandas is that they're cute, but fierce.



Celina and Vanessa seemed to have had a good time. I think Celina was more interested in the aquatic species while Vanessa liked the Koala bears more. We taught each other the names of the animals in our respective languages. I think their ability to read English is better than my ability to read Chinese.



One of the more interesting things I saw at the zoo was this gum board. I think the workers at the zoo didn't want people to chew gum while inside one of the exhibits so they put a board on the wall instructing people to put their gum there before entering. Why not just use a trash can?




One of the larger animals we saw the zoo was the buffalo. I am familiar with the buffalo because they are native to the North American continent. Indians used to hunt them for food and clothing. The picture I took really doesn't show how large these animals are. It also doesn't show how much they stink.

4 comments:

  1. 1.台北動物園比我想像中的還大。
    2.雖然動物園很大,但門票卻很便宜,只要30元。
    3.因為禁止使用閃光燈,又加上動物不在籠子裡,所以我們沒有照很多照片。
    4.在我們看到的所有動物中,我最喜的是貓熊。
    5.我最喜歡熊貓是因為他們很可愛,但是卻很兇。

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.Celina 和 Vanessa 玩得開心。
    2.我覺得Celina對於水生動物,而Vanessa 比較喜歡無尾熊 。
    3.我們用自己的語言互相交對方動物的名稱。
    4.我覺得他們的英文能力比我讀中文的能力好。

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.我在動物園看到其中一個有趣的事情就是這個香糖的紙版.
    2.我想在動物園的員工不想要遊客在展覽館中嚼口香糖所以在牆上放紙版希望遊客在進館前把口香糖放在他們指示的地方.
    3.為什麼不用垃圾桶就好了?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.另一個我們在園區內看到的大型動物是水牛.
    2.我很熟悉水牛這種動物因為他們是北美大陸的原生物種.
    3.印地安人過去為了食物和衣服而狩獵他們.
    4.我照的這張照片並不能很真實的顯示這種動物有多大.
    5.也不能夠顯示他們是多麼的臭.

    ReplyDelete