Saturday 11 September 2010

National Palace Museum


This Saturday we went to the National Palace Museum. It was a short bus ride from the MRT station. The entrance fee was NT200 for students.


I went with Celina and Tony. We decided to take a group picture out front with the Confucious statue.


Here is a photograph of the outside area. Unfortunately this is pretty much all the photos I was able to take because cameras weren't allowed to be used once inside the museum. Inside the museum we visited many exhibits. One of the more special exhibits was the Tibetan religious artifacts exhibit. The exhibit featured many ancient pieces that Tibetan monks used for their religious ceremonies. I especially liked the bronze pieces the Tibetans used. They were carefully designed and have lasted hundreds of years.

After the Tibet exhibit we went to the other side of the museum and toured the Qing dynasty exhibit. My favorite exhibit there was the old documents used and signed by the imperial family. We tried to visit the Qing furniture exhibit, but it was closed. After the Qing exhibit we went to the restaurant inside of the museum. It was supposedly famous for their Cantonese style dishes. I thought the prices were expensive and service very rude.



Here is a photo I took of Tony and Celina in the lobby area. This was when we were about to leave. The most memorable part of the trip was when an old lady asked me if I was a local of the area. I said yes, and then she asked me where she could buy some tea. I believe she specifically asked me about the tea because I was wearing a strawhat which made it look like I was one of those people who sold fruits and vegetables on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment